N O B L E B O R N

Friday, October 2, 2009

A Broken Home....54 and Counting.














I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help.
"Ruth Bernhard"
 
Real photographers don't wait for the phone to ring, they go out and take pictures.
"Terry Richardson"



In late 2007 I started work on a series of images of old abandon houses. Being that I've normally shot more fashion and portraits, when I first begin documenting these homes it was often meant for reference, and to be used later as the backdrop in which I'd include a model in hopes of creating story. 

 After a few months of shooting, the homes begin to take on a life of their on and I couldn't help myself when it came to searching out these places that to me had so much character. I've found that since I begin this project I've found some very old and somewhat isolated places. A few being some 200 years old. 

Now, almost three years later what was meant to be reference has grown into a series of close to 60 finished images. Some are being shown this November  with Blount Bridgers Museum in North Carolina and with any luck rest will be showing soon!  

Most of these are for sell so, if  anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me any time.  


No comments:

Post a Comment