N O B L E B O R N

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Mind / The Heart / The Soul




                                        There is no great genius without a touch of madness.   "Seneca"


For about the past four years now myself and fellow artist and good friend Lance Mcbride of Sophia Baphomet Inc. have been involved in what started as a friendly exchange of mix Cd's. For a while we would give each other mixes of all the new and different music we were collecting. As time went on I begin to notice that non of the track names were being added to the disc! When I'd ask Lance about certain tracks he would only say to me " you don't get the track names, I just want you to be disturbed by how hard these tracks are". He'd then laugh and say "that's right they knocked your teeth out didn't they. To this I could only often respond with " Ouch".

Fast forward four years and what was once fun and games has turn into all out war. The mixes have went from being plan disc with mix 1 or 2 written in marker to becoming full blown Cd designs. For awhile I thought I was doing my thing with the mixes. The design was simple but, to the point and the mixes since I'm telling it were the Shit!  The ball was in my count until I received his hand drawn three disc mix The Mind, The Heart and The Soul. (did i mention that all the Cd's when put together create on image!) Needless to say it's been awhile since I've been able to recover from such a blow! But, I can say that I have some amazing new music as well as three one of a kind works and tons of inspiration!  

Thanks again brutha for the art in my header!  And don't worry Mcbride!  The pain is coming! Oh yes, the pain is coming! 


No comments:

Post a Comment