N O B L E B O R N

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Cloud Journals


Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them but, i can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and follow where they lead.  " Louisa May Alcott"


it's been about ten years now since  i started collecting  journals in which i've written my thoughts, dreams and numerous ideas. so often i've found that after i had filled all the pages i would put the journals away and rarely go though them again. 

a few weeks ago i decided to start looking though some of my earlier writings  to see if i could find any ideas worth reworking or something new all together. as i started to go though the pages i noticed that most of my journals had very few if any images at all. after after about an hour of digging i came across an idea in which i wrote about keeping a visual journal.

once i finished going though the journals i realized that months before me rediscovering the idea of creating a visual journal i had already started the work. for the past few months now i of would often go and sit alone at find small grave site where i could think and watch the sunset. it's the perfect place for the fact that there so few trees and open sky for days. as i sat there looking at the sky i'd some days see the most amazing things. 

to most people i know they are just clouds but to me it's art. i begin to take my camera with me in order to document them. once they were shot i would simply write down the date and time the same way i do with my journals. i decided that these images would be apart of the first of many visual journals a plan to do. the first is simply titled the cloud journals!

the image i've included above is one of my favorites. 

 shot May 9, 2009 6:45 p.m  








No comments:

Post a Comment