N O B L E B O R N

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Daily Inspiration 2> Artist: Greg "Craola" Simkins

While at the book store trying to find inspiration I picked up the newest issue of HI•FRUCTOSE. After flipping throw the pages I came across the work of Greg "Craola" Simkins and to my excitment, I had found the inspiration I seeked in all of 15 min. Here are a few of my favorite pieces.







Artist Statment
After years of chasing the monsters under his bed, Greg “Craola” Simkins has reemerged into the everyday world to create images of what he saw in those forgotten lands. Simkins didn’t always use a paintbrush to display this mob of characters, but spent many of his early years filling sketchbooks with images that were later spray-painted on walls, and finally found their way onto canvases. It is his careful weaving of pop culture, the old masters, nature, carnival kitsch, and (most importantly) his warped imagination, that makes Greg Simkins a sought-after surrealist painter today.

To see more check out www.imscared.com

-Demetrious

No comments:

Post a Comment