N O B L E B O R N

Monday, June 17, 2013

Angel Eyes


"Those true eyes Too pure and too honest in aught to disguise The sweet soul shining through them"  -Owen Meredith


I first met Mary McCall about five years ago while delivering two mix media paintings that her dad had purchased from me. She couldn't have been any older then 9 or 10 at the time, yet she saw almost all those subtle nuances in the pieces I wanted most adults to see. Not only was she amazing smart, but she had to have had some of the biggest eyes I'd ever seen. I knew then that I wanted to photograph her. I just never thought it would take five years before I did so. Luckily for me that as much as she has grown into a beautiful young lady, she has yet to caught up with her eyes.



Portrait: Mary McCall Leland, June 6, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment